Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's cheddar, baby!

Wow, so I cut open the cheddar round today. It definitely tastes like cheddar. It is really good actually. I think because of the climate it may have dried too much (by the time it formed a rind like the recipe suggested part of the center dried out too) but it tastes like cheddar. It does need a few more months to develop flavor I think, but it's there and so exciting! It ages from 4 weeks to 6 months and I broke it open in 5 weeks.

Can you tell I'm excited? It's cheddar. Woo!!!

www.cheesemaking.com

This is the site where I bought my cheese kits. There is a Mozzarella and Ricotta kit that makes Fresh Mozz and a hard cheese kit that you use for cheeses like Feta, Jack, and Cheddar. They DO ship to Morocco and it's not outrageous.

Cheers!
Kate

No comments: