Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I haven't been doing much baking lately, but I haven't seen my host family in 2 weeks. Whenever it's been awhile and I'm feeling guilty about it, I make them treats. I had all the stuff for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, but I'm only so so about the recipe in the Peace Corps Morocco cookbook. I think that's because I have in the past used baking powder instead of baking soda, but still I wanted to try another.

So I googled for recipes... some called for shortening which I don't have, some called for other things... they all looked about the same. Then about 6 down the list, I saw:

http://www.ghirardelli.com/bake/recipe.aspx?id=1028

I am a big ghirardelli chocolate fan and I thought any recipe that comes off a site for expensive chocolate must be decent. It is a good recipe and it's simple. Hope my host fam likes them. :-) (I'm sure they will! They like all kinds of sweets!)

No comments: